Friday, February 25, 2011

Peanut Butter Fig Blondies

I would have never guessed that these would be as good as they are; I was just trying to use up a jumbo bag of figs that I had bought at Costco! This recipe is from What the Bible Says About Healthy Living Cookbook.

1 cup dried figs

Dry Ingredients
1/2 cup plus 2 T oat flour (I put rolled oats through my grain mill.)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
scant 1/4 tsp sea salt

Wet Ingredients
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup honey and/or real maple syrup (I used a combo.)
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1 egg

1. Preheat oven to 325. Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan.

2. Cut the stems from each fig and cut each into quarters. Place them in a small bowl and cover the figs with very hot tap water. Let them sit for 10 - 15 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl and the wet ingredients in a medium bowl, mixing well.

4. Drain the figs, reserving 3 T of the water. Put figs and reserved water into food processor and make a paste. Add to wet ingredients. Mix well.

5. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.

6. Put batter into pan and bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment