This is often a difficult adjustment, so here's some ideas. Please feel free to add your own!
We go through phases, but right now, our Monday - Friday lunch usually consists of the following...
1. Ezekiel or homeade wheat bread with Smucker's natural peanut butter and a little bit of Polaner's all-fruit jelly -OR- tuna salad (tuna in water mixed with organic safflower oil mayonnaise).
2. Frozen green peas (cooked) with butter and sea salt -OR- Terra chips (The varieties with a short ingredient list are best....sweet potato chips, sweets and beets, or they may be others but they are more expensive. You can buy these even at Target.)
3. Banana or apple or unsweetened applesauce
4. Sometimes carrot sticks
Hubby's lunch (he doesn't have microwave access) consists of the following...
1. Ezekiel or homeade wheat bread with lunch meat (natural as possible - best is nitrate/nitrite free but expensive) with organic safflower oil mayonnaise and spinach -OR- tuna salad -OR- organic tortilla chips with tuna salad for dipping
2. Raw veggies such as carrots, broccoli, or celery
3. Banana or apple
1. Costco sells Naked Nuggets, which are natural chicken nuggets without breading. I don't think they are too exciting but others have liked them. You can make honey mustard sauce by mixing - you guessed it - honey and mustard or dip them in ketchup.
3. I will buy a package of tilapia fish and then bake a couple with a little olive oil and garlic salt. I cut it up and put it over a salad with some raw veggies, hard-boiled egg, fresh berries, whatever I have, and put Annie's Naturals dressing on top. I use the extra fish/salad for hubby's lunch the next day.